The first annual Bell Street Glass Art Market, focused solely on local glass art! Independent artists from the Pacific Northwest are invited to exhibit and sell their work directly to the public at this outdoor street market in conjunction with the city-wide REFRACT festival.
Please fill out the online entry form below to apply.
Prior to completing the form, make sure you have carefully read the Application Requirements and Event Details below. Then complete the online entry form and attach (upload) your images and bio information.
This is a juried art show, which means not all submissions will be accepted. Please note the $25 application fee. You will receive a message, which will let you that you have successfully submitted your entry! At that point, please pay the $25 fee through the shopping cart.Applications without the fee will not be considered.
If you have any questions or issues applying online please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where: Bell Street Park, Bell Street between 3rd Ave & 5th Ave in Belltown, Seattle 98121
When: Saturday, October 19th & Sunday, October 20th @ 10:00am – 5:00pm both days
Name of Host Organization: Seattle Glassblowing Studio
Work Media: Glass
1. Medium: Glass or mixed medium with glass.
2. Vendors must allow enough time to have their booth set up by 10:00am both Saturday, October 19th & Sunday, October 20th.
3. Booth must be open and manned during all Glass Art Market hours.
4. White EZ tents and proper weights (four 40 pound weights) are required if you are providing your own tent. FYI – tents marketed as sun shade etc., are not sturdy enough for possible rain/wind at outdoor shows.
5. Will you be providing your own tent? If so, please provide an image of a previous display or image of expected display.
1. Brief cover letter describing exhibition proposal.
2. Five to ten digital images of work. Images should be presented in JPEG format at 300 dpi resolution.
3. Artist Resume including biography, educational background, and exhibition record.
4. If applicable, the materials and techniques used in your work?
Entries Due: Ongoingth
Event Dates: Oct. 19th – Oct. 20th from 10:00am – 5:00pm
Selection Notification: A committee will review all submission requests over a two-week period. All artists will be notified by email regarding the committee’s decision.
Non-refundable Application Fee: $25
Once you submit your application, you will automatically be redirected to the payment page.
Booth Fee, if accepted: $250
All work must be taken offsite on both Saturday Oct. 19th and Sunday, October 20th by 6:00pm. No overnight storage is provided.
Booth Fees due: Within two weeks of acceptance.
Delivery: Once accepted load-in instructions will be sent.
All Demos Located at Seattle Glassblowing Studio
Saturday, October 19th Artist Demos
• Seattle Women of Glass @ 9:00am – 12:00pm
• Karen Willenbrink-Johnesen @ 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Sunday, October 20th Artist Demos
• Danny White @ 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Glass Art Market Ends: Sunday, October 20th at 5:00pm
Pickup Artwork by: Both Saturday Oct. 19ths and Sunday, October 20th by 6:00pm
1. No power source
2. All artists are responsible for set-up and tear down of their work. Booths and tents will be provided by Seattle Glassblowing Studio if you are not providing your own. All booths will be set prior to artist arrival.
3. Information regarding vehicle access for load-in and load-out will be sent once applicants have been approved.
4. The event space is limited to 20 artist booths.
Publicity: Refract – The Seattle Glass Experience, Seattle Glassblowing Studio, Bell Street Park Council, Visit Seattle
Sales: All sales are subject to Washington Sales Tax for the location in the City of Seattle. A 15% commission on works sold will be collected on behalf of the City of Seattle and administrative costs. All artist vendors participating at the market must hold a City of Seattle Business License.